Marketing Communications Manager (Contract)
Lever Fund is looking for a versatile Marketing Communications ("Marcom") Manager who is energized by our mission to make the National Capital Region economically equitable by propelling youths from low-income families toward their first, well-paying job.
Following a recent extensive stakeholder analysis, donor segmentation exercise and identification of recast value propositions for our key target audiences, Lever Fund has adjusted its philanthropic focus and strategy for greater impact. As a result, we are in the midst of repositioning our brand to sharpen our appeal to our specific donor base. This work has also meant adjusting our brand attributes, including mission, vision, overall messaging and tone of voice.
We are now looking for a Marcom Manager who will lead, together with the Marcom Strategic Advisor, the implementation of our new brand strategy with a particular focus on our donor audience. You will evaluate, adjust, and deploy a suite of marketing communications assets. You will also generate earned/owned/paid media and help to stage branded events with targeted messaging.
We see you as an energetic self-starter who will bring your true self and expertise to the table. You will advise us on and implement the ramp-up of our donor outreach efforts to help meet fundraising goals. Ideally, you will have experience in activating new or repositioned brands and have had exposure to the philanthropic sector in the DMV region.
What You'll Do
- Development of a brand implementation strategy.
- Channel analysis and selection of the appropriate channel mix for implementation based on most effective reach among target audiences.
- Review and update of owned media, including website, brochures, flyers and particularly social media channels and social branding as well as email campaigns.
- Evaluation, revamp and implementation of earned media strategy.
- Evaluation, revamp and implementation of paid media strategy.
- Evaluate, revamp and reenergize our event strategy (galas, dinners new formats).
- Copywriting for all outlets and assets.
What We're Looking For
- 8-10 years of marcom experience.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and be the point person for implementation of our marcom strategy and tactical assets.
- Proven ability to activate brands and create online and offline engagement in support of fundraising efforts.
- Impeccable marcom writing skills for all marketing, communications and media channels coupled with a knack for storytelling.
- Video shooting/editing skills a definite plus.
What We Offer
- Collaborative atmosphere among colleagues who get things done by helping each other out.
- Flat hierarchies affording every staff member the opportunity to take charge and make change happen.
- The rewarding experience to contribute to a meaningful mission.
Compensation and Terms
We are offering a monthly retainer of $1,600 - $2,600. Range is flexible and commensurate with skills and experience. We expect the time commitment will be 8-10 hours per week. Schedule is highly flexible (no fixed office hours). Initial contract term is 6 months to be renewed after performance assessment. While most of the work will be done remotely, your presence in the wider DMV region would allow occasional face-to-face staff meetings plus hands-on support for in-person events.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Lever Fund is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All employment decisions at Lever Fund are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply, send your resume and a brief statement of interest to Hannfried von Hindenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Marcom Manager" in the subject line. Your statement of interest should describe why you are interested in working with Lever Fund and how your skills and experience fit with the responsibilities for this role. Lever will follow up with selected applicants to schedule an interview, at which time professional references will be requested.
About Lever Fund
Lever Fund is focused on making the National Capital Region economically equitable by pooling and investing donor funds in programs that propel youths from low-income families toward their first, well-paying job.
Landing that first employment with regular pay and benefits is critical to breaking the cycle of poverty. Lever Fund funds and cooperates with a network of partner organizations that expose 14-21-year olds to real life work situations through internships, training and networking events. For donors, we offer the convenience and satisfaction of tailor-made portfolios of charitable investments that fit their preferences and promise high impact.